This is one of those mornings that I woke up remembering my dream or dreams. Usually, the last one is just before I woke up.
I was in what appeared to be a shopping mall with some friends and we were planning to drive to another city for more shopping. I looked for a washroom and they pointed at the entrance of a movie theater with a black curtain door. As I walked to the curtain, I spotted the guy I first dated in college. He was wearing an aqua blue polo shirt with Hawaiian prints and a pair of khaki shorts, and white rubber shoes with no socks. He was sitting on a wooden bench pushed against the left sidewall. It wasn’t clear if he was working at the theater. A friend told me he was waiting for me. As I walked past him, I just looked at him but didn’t greet him and he didn’t seem to recognize me at first. Before he could say anything, I already walked past him and I didn’t turn my head to acknowledge him.
Next scene: I was back in the busy mall lobby. There seemed to be many people. A female acquaintance approached me to say that our family physician, Dr. Palafox, wanted me to meet a male doctor from UP. In my dream, I was apparently still single and Dr. Palafox was trying to find me my match.
There was a big round table with a white table cloth that the mall goers could use. It wasn’t in a restaurant, just in a corner.
As I sat down, there was this dark guy who didn’t kook stunningly handsome and even if he was seated, I could tell that he wasn’t extraordinarily tall. Just the average height of Filipinos, maybe 5’8. He was accompanied by a more senior doctor who was also wearing a white robe. They worked in the same hospital.
The female who had earlier introduced me to them was there two, together with Dr. Palafox who was also wearing a white robe.
The female started tallying something on a piece of paper that looked like it was torn from a notebook. Then she handed over the paper to me. When I looked at it, it had the guy’s name (I don’t remember what), and the list of his bank accounts and the outstanding balances. The total was US$ 809,450.00.
Eight hundred thousand plus US dollars. I commented that there was no information about the guy other than how much money he had in the bank. I told them “I am 32 and how about him?” I read the amount aloud and rudely said “809,000 kulang pang shopping, sorry biro lang.” The older doctor reacted that he could still earn money and he would come up with more. I remained unimpressed and even said “mMy bahay ka na ba? Kulang ito pambili ng condo”. I would seem mayabang in the dream but I was just very frank. I had no intention to belittle the doctor but the reason why I was acting like that was in the dream, I already have a certain degree of financial success at age 32. Meron na akong sariling tirahan, kotse, at trabaho.
Then I woke up.
I think my dream was a combined reality that got stuck in my head.
1. We were in Podium the other day with my friend Madeline. (Shopping Mall)
2. I asked her if she wanted to go to Robinson’s Galleria, another shopping mall.
3. We went shopping in Kultura and I had seen an aqua blue men’s polo shirt with island prints.
4. She messaged me yesterday morning asking for health insurance providers in the Philippines because she only has one in the US.
5. My favorite pastime is to look at houses recently sold, and those on the market in the US. I most likely had seen those numbers $809,000.
6. Nyke is 32 years old and we also talked about someone who is 32 too.
7. Finding a match– walang girlfriend anak ko.
8. Condo, my friend Madeline bought a condo in BGC two years ago and is waiting for the 2024 scheduled turn-over.
9. Doctor — my daughter consulted with her obstetrician. I also thought of seeing a doctor for a routine check-up.
10. I asked if movie theaters are now open to the public.
What a dream!